What is the price of hiring a caterer?
Costs for catering are based on the quality of the food and services you choose and the number of guests. When you're first considering whether to find a caterer for your event, consider the number of guests you'll be hosting and the total food and drink budget. The national average for event catering is $340. However, the cost of catering can be in the thousands based on the menu you choose, your guest quantity, and services.
Catering for events is a broad term that covers everything from fully prepared, ready-to-eat food that the hosts plate and serve themselves, to full-service, multi-course meals, which include renting of glassware, linens, and other things, as well as service staff organized by the catering service. The kind of event, the number of guests, the level of service required, and the menu are all elements that a caterer will consider when determining the price. If you're working with a $1,500 catering budget and 50 guests are scheduled to attend your event, you'll need to pay $30 per head for food. If you want to serve food, if have 100 people and have the same budget, $15 per person is your limit. This is the way you decide the price of catering.
What would the cost of catering per head be?
Costs for catering in Belleville IL vary from $10 per guest at the low end up to $150 for a person at the top price. Catering costs represent the quality of food served, presentation, variety, ingredients, and services. Prices for catering go beyond simply the cost of food; they also include the cost of the business to run the party. Here's a quick breakdown of catering costs:
- Menu: The food you serve your guests will directly affect the price per person. Organic ingredients, intricate recipes, elaborate displays, or costly items such as lobster or filet mignon can all increase the price.
- Service: Buffet or family-style plated dinners. The manner in which you serve the food will impact the cost per person. Due to staffing costs, the cost of a true dinner can be twice as expensive as a staff-assisted buffet. The hiring of bartenders, waiters, and the cleanup crew is all added to the price per person for catering.
- Drinks Serving alcohol-based and non-alcoholic drinks to guests can greatly cost you more for catering. An open bar event can cost nearly as much as a meal.
- Rentals: Seating, plates glasses, plates, and more. These will all impact the price per person for catering. For instance, a plastic conference table with seating for 10 is approximately $6 on average, while a wooden farmhouse table costs about $80 to rent on average.
- Business expenses: Any catering cost includes the costs for the company to run the business, such as insurance, employee wages commercial kitchen space, and much more.
Why not hire experts on UNCLE NICK’S DELI?Free to use
There is no cost to use Uncle Nick's Deli Get cost estimates, contact pros, and even schedule the job for free.Compare prices side-by-side
You'll know what your project costs even before you hire a professional.
1140 S Illinois St, Belleville, IL 62220
Day and hours: Mon-Fri 10:30 AM-7:30 PM, Sat 10:30 AM -5:30 PM